This makes me feel better out putting my kids’ books on hold. I haven’t even read them to my own kids, though so before they leave childhood behind, I should at least do that xx Rowena
Here are some MYTHS about writing a children’s book
- Children’s books take no time at all to write. They are easy peasy.
- You can write a children’s book by accidentally brushing up against your computer in your lunch break.
- Because your children think the story you wrote is hilarious – EVERYONE will love it.
- Don’t bother listening to those pesky publishers and agents – what do they know?
- Once you’ve written your story – sit back, relax and watch your bank account fill up.
Here what it’s really like to write a children’s book.
- Your idea might come in a F L A S H – but getting it down onto paper and working in the right format can take a lot longer.
- More work goes into making a children’s book then you would imagine.
- Editors are essential and (for me) a huge and important part of the process…
View original post 983 more words