I would like to thank Phoebe from Musings of Puppydoc http://phoebemd.com/2015/01/05/blog-awards/ for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Bloggers Award.
I was so stoked to receive this award because after all my trials and tribulations, I would like to be able to inspire others to claw their way forward when they go through periods of adversity. If you are ever going through a phase of darkness, know that the sun never sets. That it’s always shining. It’s just they we don’t see it.
Three favourite quotes which have inspired me through times of hardship are:
“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”
“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.”
― Kahlil Gibran
The last quote came from our son’s pre-school teacher. Early childhood had some difficult moments, particularly due due my debilitating health which saw me hospitalised for 7 weeks when Mister was 3 and Miss was 18 months old. Initially, I would cynically snigger to myself that tomorrow would just bring more of the same but the reality was actually quite different. One day actually could be quite different to another.
“Tomorrow is another day.”
Three things which have inspired me this week or in recent times are:
1) I heard TV interviews with the hostages who survived the terrorist siege in Sydney’s Lindt Cafe in Martin Place and I was incredibly touched and moved by their courage, survival skills and endurance. There were so many inspirational stories but I was particular moved by the thoughfulness of Marcia Mikhael who calm down two of the younger hostages when they had panic attacks and talked through through some relaxation and meditation techniques to calm them down. She also swapped places with them and moved from a very good vantage point where she could have escaped to being next to the gunman.
2) The outpouring of grief and compassion after the terrorist attacks in Martin Place, Sydney and in Paris. It was inspirational to see how good triumphed over evil.
3) I have signed up to be a part of a global blogging movement called #One Thousand Voices Speak for Compassion. where we will write a post about compassion on 20th February, 2015 …the International UN Day of Social Justice. Read more herehttps://beyondtheflow.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/bloggers-unite-for-a-better-world-1000-voices-speak-for-compassion/
You will find that many of the bloggers I have nominated live with chronic and serious medical conditions and refer to these on their blogs. I am inspired by their courage though great adversity and the love and encouragement they share.
There are also a few dog blogs on the list. These largely involve stories of dogs who have been rescued and lovingly given a new life yet still carry the emotional scars. There is also a blog about a therapy dog.
Here are the rules for accepting this award (purely voluntary):
1. Thank the person who nominated you by including a link to his/her blog in your response, and display the award logo on your site.
2. Nominate 15 other blogs (more or less). Include links to their blogs on your post, and inform them about the nomination.
3. Mention three things that inspired you the most this week (you can talk about last week’s inspiration too or before that).
My nominations for the VIB award are as follows:
Miniscule Moments of Inspiration: http://www.kathunsworth.com
Bruises You can Touch: http://bruisesyoucantouch.com/
Yvonne Spence – http://yvonnespence.com/
Lizzi Rogers – http://summat2thinkon.wordpress.com/
Poetry Photos and Musings Oh my! https://poetryphotosandmusingsohmy.wordpress.com/
Butterfly Mumma: http://butterflymumma.com/
Monika and Sam the therapy dog: Tails Around the Ranch: https://tailsaroundtheranch.wordpress.com/
Behind the White Coat : https://doctorly.wordpress.com/
#1000 Voices for Compassion: http://1000speak.wordpress.com/
Rachel Mankowitz: https://rachelmankowitz.wordpress.com/
Such Small Hands: https://lilyellyn.wordpress.com/about/
Ali Isaac Storyteller: http://aliisaacstoryteller.com/
Sirena Tales: https://sirenatales.wordpress.com/
Jackie at Lethargic Smiles: https://lethargicsmiles.wordpress.com/
I am Not A Sick Boy: http://iamnotsickboy.com/
Max the Dog: https://withinthekstreets.wordpress.com/ ….Max has inspired me with his very cute doggy looks and I now want to visit Hawaii.
Love & best wishes,